What are we looking for?
Young people aged between 10 -21 years with a passion for dance or music, who enjoy having fun and have an openness to learn and grow. Students will participate in one of two categories:
The Emerging Artist category which is designed for young people who have a passion for dance and music, but have had limited experience or opportunities in their chosen craft.
The Elite Artist category which is designed for young people who have already acquired experience and skills in their chosen craft and are ready to elevate to the next level.
The scope of Elevate
Applicants have the option of applying for either a Single major in one artform or Double Major in both dance and music.
Elevate provides two categories of enrolments in 2019, Emerging and Elite.
Emerging is designed for young people who have a passion for dance and music, but have had limited experience or opportunities in their chosen craft.
Elite is designed for young people who have already acquired a greater depth of experience and skills in their chosen craft.
Elevate Student Requirements
- Commitment to attend the minimum prescribed classes per week as scheduled throughout the Elevate program timetable
- Regular personal practice outside Elevate program timetable
- Actively participate in scheduled festivals and camps throughout the year
- Participate in all scheduled performance events
- Participate in marketing, promotional and sponsorship activities
- Be respectful, courteous and upstanding members of Elevate and the community
- Participants must be a minimum of 10 years of age at the beginning of the current year to be eligible for application and audition
- Participants under the age of 18 years must have signed parental permission to be eligible for consideration
- Participants must be able to commit to training, rehearsals and performance schedule